So my pretty teal refurbished Chromebook came in the mail today and the instructions to get the free T-Mobile did not work.
Turns out it came with a SIM card that I have to insert myself.
- Remove the perforated SIM card from the credit card-sized t-Mobile card. Set aside.
- Go to the lower right-hand of the chromebook screen, click on the Wi-fi icon, click settings
- Select wi-fi network, and from the drop-down menu select disable wi-fi
- Power down the Chromebook
- Insert the SIM card into the SIM slot. Aim it so the cutoff edge is at the 11 o'clock position.Push it all the way in so it is flush against the side of the chromebook.
- Power up the Chromebook
- Go back into settings and click on mobile data
- Enable mobile data roaming
- A window will come up to help you finish registering