Edit your MS Office docs from Chrome using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
Chrome has an extension called "Application Launcher for Drive." Here are my instructions for a Window computer:
- Go into Google Chrome and find the extension
- Install and enable it
- Go to any MS office file on your computer (whether in Google Drive or not)
- Right click on it, and notice you can "open with"
- If there's no option for "open with Google Chrome," add it from Program Files (86)
- Now open the file with Google Chrome. You will see you are in "Office Compatibility Mode."
- You can edit and leave it as a MS Office document, or you can save it as a Google Doc, Sheet or Slide.