Near the end of 2017, I wanted to create a partial file for safekeeping. Here's what I did:
- Open Quicken 2016 Deluxe
- Click on file-->file operations-->copy
- Choose a folder that I created just for my special manual backups
- Include transactions from 1/1/15 to 12/4/17
- It takes about ten minutes
- When prompted, choose to now open your usual file
My plan is that on December 31 of 2017, do this again so I get a full three years. However, I noticed that the file I created is almost as big as the original. So consider creating a two-year file instead of a three-year file which means including transactions from 1/1/16 to 12/31/17.