So last fall our apartment got all our routers replaced. The new routers allegedly support 2.4Ghz, but most of the time there are outages. In addition, we were told by the ISP not to reboot our own routers.
Thus I could not control my Deebot robo-vacuum with its phone app. The remote that comes with the vacuum has reduced function, and I really need the phone app to do things like scheduling.
So we bought a router and hooked it by ethernet to the first router. It worked. This second router was cheap because we were able to get one that only supported 2.4GHz, as we did not need it for 5Ghz. We paid only $20 for it.
on April 18, 2018
Channel 4 disappears after I turn off the tv, and I have to do another scan to get it back. This required a double rescan.
There are five simple steps to a double rescan for a converter box or digital TV, which are as follows:
1. Disconnect the antenna from the box or digital TV.
2. Rescan the box or digital TV without the antenna connected. As with any scan follow the on-screen instructions or owner’s manual for your device.
3. Unplug the box or digital TV from the electrical outlet for at least one minute.
4. Reconnect the antenna to the box or digital TV and plug the unit into the electrical outlet.
5. Rescan the box or digital TV one more time.
on April 16, 2018