- I got a Phillips Hue Bulb bundled with my new Echo Show.
- Can I use it without the Hue Bridge (also called a Hub)?
- Can I use it without a Hue Dimmer Switch?
- In other words, can I use it standalone?
- What can I do if I have Echo, a Phillips Hue Bulb, but no Bridge?
The Answers so far:
- So far, I couldn't find this information online. But I figured out that indeed, the answer is yes if you have an Echo Show.
- The new Echo Show has the Zigbee bridge functionality built in.
- The Philips Hue SmartHome skill functionality is only compatible with the Philips Hue Bridge V2 (square shape). Basic lighting functionality (on / off / dimming) is available without the Smarthome skill and is compatible with Philips Hue V1 (round) and V2 (square) bridges.