Basic restart for all operating systems This works!
If you are able to open and sign in to the Code42 app, follow the steps below to restart the Code42 service.
- Open the Code42 app. (In Windows you can go to the menu and search for Code42 from there)
- Sign into your account
- Use the keyboard shortcut for your OS:
- Windows: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Mac: Option+Command+C
- Linux: Ctrl+Shift+C
- The command-line area opens.
- Enter this command: restart
- Press Enter
- This closes the Code42 app, reauthenticates the Code42 app with the Code42 server, and then restarts the Code42 service.
- Note: In Windows, the system tray icon will disappear at this point. You can just go into the start menu and restart it.