I'm on a Windows 10 laptop, with my Buffalo NAS mapped as a drive. But deleting files and folders is a bear if you're using File Explorer. It can take days.
- Go into your Buffalo Admin panel
- Advanced Settings
- Webaccess Settings
- Find your BuffaloNAS.com Name and BuffaloNAS.com Key
- Go into the BuffaloNAS.com server
- Type in your BuffaloNAS.com Name (I didn't seem to need the key)
- Sign in as admin
- Be careful that you are only deleting files you are sure you want gone.
- It takes only a few minutes, at most
- Don't forget to empty the trash, too