If you have your old phone
- Use your old phone to bring up Google Authenticator
- That gives you the list of apps that you have to transfer over to Google Authenticator on your new phone
- Now install Google Authenticator on your new phone
- On the new phone, go to the first app in the list and log in.
- If it prompts you for an authenticator code, get that code from your old phone
- Your goal is to have Google Authenticator take a picture of the scancode (barcode, whatever) with your new phone. Depending onn the current app, you may need to choose
- "change authentication device" OR
- "add new authentication method" OR
- "reset authentication method"
- Take the picture with the bar code on your new phone
- Now repeat the process by going to the second app, third app, etc.
If you don't have your old phone:
- This depends on the app: We think there's a prompt where it asks for the authenticator code, where it says "lost my authenticator device," so click that.
- Follow the instructions (we've never tried it)
- If that doesn't work, as at the Verizon store