It's been a problem since the beginning of time. All it takes is clicking on the drive to fix the problem. However, I have a scheduled app that runs on a schedule. It fails if I don't explicitly open that folder. That's kinda a pain.
- Check what speed your network adapter is connecting at. You can find this in Network and Sharing Center. Or find instructions here. Mine is 1.0 Gbps
- Go to control panel - network and sharing center
- Change adapter settings
- Right-click the correct adapter and click properties
- Click Configure
- Go to Advanced tab
- Scroll down to Speed & Duplex and set this manually to whatever you are currently connected at. I set mine to 1.0 Gbps
- Click OK, then OK and reboot, and see that there's no red X.